Snoo is an electronic bassinet that gently rocks from side to side and emits sound to help ease a baby to sleep.
Smart Crib From Designer Yves Behar Automatically Rocks Your Crying Baby to Sleep.
Rocking crib that imitates the rhythms of the womb by responding to a baby’s level of crying and fussiness and adjusting the intensity of motion and white noise accordingly. The SNOO also includes a sleep sack that swaddles the baby and keeps it on its back all night. In fact, the crib will not operate unless the sack is properly secured.
- Unique drivetrain designed for maximum performance; 10 million cycles of continuous movement
- No springs or gears that can wear out or become noisy
- Multiple microphones with advanced audio processing to precisely detect source of sound
- Three distinct white-noise sounds specially engineered to calm crying or enhance sleep
- 2.4 GHz wireless, 802.11 b/g/n with separate WiFi control switch
- Custom BLDC motor optimized for low speed and high torque with multiple feedback mechanisms for precise motor control
- Responsive ambient light sensor for adjustment of LED intensity
- SNOO comes with organic fitted sheet and 3 SNOO Sacks made with organic cotton
- Bed size: 30″ L x 16″ W x 32″ H with legs; Weight: 38 lbs
SNOO uses three microphones to detect the baby’s crying and differentiate it from other noise, while below the mattress are sensors, speakers, and a robotic engine that work in tandem to soothe a fussy baby. There are multiple levels of movement—from a slow swinging to tiny jiggles—and sounds—whether rumbling or high-pitched—but if the baby cries for more than three minutes, SNOO will stop, indicating that the baby probably needs something beyond a little rocking. Still, it can run all night long, as long as sleep is what the baby requires.
SNOO can also be controlled by a mobile app, but for those weary of WiFi radiation, a metal shield was added, even though testing showed no exposure. Aesthetically speaking, it’s simple and sleek, featuring a wooden base, hairpin-style legs, and a double layer of mesh for visibility and ventilation
- Gently rocks – all naps and nights – to help your baby be a better sleeper (up to 6 months)
- Chooses the best motion (slow swing for sleep, faster jiggles for upsets)
- Dual mesh walls maximize comfort, safety and breathability
- SNOO’s easy “5-second swaddle” is hip safe and never unravels
- Protective swaddle wings keep your baby safely on the back*
- SNOO’s gradual weaning feature makes for easy transition to crib
- Chooses the best white noise (soft rain for sleep, womb sound if crying)
These robot-enabled soothing capabilities are inspired by some of Karp’s storied “5 S’s” techniques—swaddle, side/stomach position, shush, swing, suck—to lull babies to sleep.