IntechOpen, the world’s leading publisher of Open Access books – Built by scientists, for scientists provides a collaborative environment for peer-reviewed scientific content and book publishing of academic research, giving scientific thinking its home.
It offers to Read, share and download more than 5,200 peer-reviewed Open Access books
It’s community, consisting of more than 118,000 like-minded IntechOpen Authors and Academic Editors, was founded for scientists, by scientists. It’s Authors range from established Nobel Laureates to some of the most talented up-and-coming researchers at the cutting edge of scientific discovery.
It encourages authors to find the best home for their work, whether this is via a direct invitation from them, or by proposing their own edited volume. Below lease find brief overview of how IntechOpen’s Open Access book programme operates.
Submit an Abstract: using our online manuscript tracking system it couldn’t be easier. Simply submit your invited/proposed abstract, a brief written proposal, which should contain keywords to illustrate the subject area and scope. The abstract should present an overview of what your chapter will focus on. The editor appointed by IntechOpen checks every abstract to evaluate their suitability for inclusion in the edited volume in terms of the overall scope and vision. If it meets approval, it is time to submit your fully drafted chapter.
- Submit your fully drafted chapter for peer review: your manuscript will be reviewed and you will receive full reviewer reports which may include suggestions for further revisions.
- Following peer review, the chapter will either be accepted or rejected.
- Production: Unlike other publishers we provide full XML Typesetting, English language copyediting & proofreading and ITO services at no extra charge.
- Easy online OAPF (Open Access Publication Fee) payment: Once a chapter has been accepted for publication you, your funder, or funding institution are asked to pay the OAPF in order to cover production costs.
- Assignment of the CC BY license: Following payment of the Open Access Publication Fee and production, the book is assigned a CC BY license. This is the most common type of Creative Commons (CC) license, however, others are available upon request. You can find more information about CC licenses here.
- Online First: Online First means that accepted chapters are published online and made searchable and citable via DOI’s meaning there are no delays in getting your science out to the world. You can find out more about Online First here.
- YOUR OPEN ACCESS BOOK IS NOW PUBLISHED ONLINE: The full and final version of the book is published to be read, downloaded and cited by the community.
- Abstracting and indexing (BKCI and other databases)
- Dissemination via online platforms (Perlego, MSW…)
- Print distribution worldwide (BOD, Amazon…)
- Reporting metrics (downloads, citations, COUNTER…)