NeuroStar TMS Therapy is an FDA-cleared safe and effective non-drug depression treatment for patients who are not satisfied with the results of standard drug therapy. This novel treatment option provides benefits without the side effects often associated with antidepressant medication.
What is NeuroStar TMS Therapy
(Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation):
- Is similar to magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Uses precisely targeted magnetic pulses
- Stimulates key areas of the brain that are underactive in patients with depression
- Is conducted right in the doctor’s office
Facts about NeuroStar TMS Depression Treatment
- Patients are awake and alert during treatment
- Patients can go back to their normal activities immediately after treatment
- In-office treatment takes 37 minutes
- Treatment is administered 5 days a week, for approximately 4 to 6 weeks
With over 740 NeuroStar systems providing therapy, and more than one million treatments performed, this novel treatment approach to achieving remission is bringing new hope to patients every day.2
NeuroStar TMS Therapy may not be right for everyone. Talk to a NeuroStar physician about how this proven depression treatment can help and whether it is right for you.
You’ve tried medications for depression but they haven’t worked. You’re looking for a solution but you don’t know what to turn to next.
You’re not alone. Many patients who suffer from Major Depressive Disorder have stories just like yours. And many of them have turned to NeuroStar TMS Therapy to help reduce their symptoms.
A story like yours
Award winning patient advocate Martha Rhodes’ hopeful memoir about surviving depression. 3,000 Pulses Later; My TMS Journey, explores the impact of TMS on Martha’s daily life. Sign up to have a free copy delivered to you.